1. About Us
Rivanna Medical, Inc. (“RIVANNA”) is a privately held designer, manufacturer, and distributor of medical devices and services. Medical devices include ultrasound-based guidance products and accessories (the “Products”). The company’s services include clinical support, product repair and replacement, in addition to contract design and contract manufacturing services (the “Services”).
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
“you” and “your” means, depending on the context, is a visitor of our Website(s) or anyone providing Personal Information to RIVANNA such as through completing an online contact form or becoming a customer of RIVANNA.
2. Information we collect
RIVANNA uses remarketing tracking cookies. A tracking cookie allows RIVANNA to continue to show you ads across the internet. Third-party vendors (like Adroll) whose services we use, place cookies on web browsers and serve ads based on visits to the RIVANNA Website(s). With cookies, we can make special offers and continue to market our services to those who have shown an interest in our Products. We respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of any other third-party remarketing system.
4. How we use your information
RIVANNA may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
• To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information regarding RIVANNA’s Products or Services that you have requested from us.
• To send you information for marketing purposes.
• To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
• To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
• To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
5. Legal basis for collection of Personal Information
If you are from the European Union, our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information that you provide to us depends on the type of Personal Information provided and the specific context in which we collect it.
In most circumstances, we will collect and use Personal Information when the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Our legitimate interests may include mutual pursuit of a client relationship between you and RIVANNA, ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites, and for our marketing activities.
If you are a customer, we may need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Where required by law, we will collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so.
6. Retaining Personal Information
RIVANNA may retain your Personal Information indefinitely, or until and unless you request deletion or modification of your Personal Information.
7. Information sharing
8. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
• To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. To exercise these rights contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you are from the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. To exercise these rights contact us at: email@example.com.
• If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
All requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights will be handled in accordance with governing data protection laws. In order to process your request, we may ask to verify your identify.
This Privacy Statement was released on May 25, 2018.